Catalyst Development Study Center
Department of Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Industrial Technology
Universitas Islam Indonesia
Indonesia is one of the countries that granted with enormous natural resources. The natural content such as coal, gasoline and gas are reported available in large amount supported with various kind of minerals. Indonesia’s natural resources also cover agriculture and plantation yield with palm oil, essential oil such as nutmeg, clove and vanilla. In order to process those resources, it takes both synthesis and chemical treatment to utilize these raw materials as an input to next process of production. This input could produce products with high economic value.
Chemical Synthesis covers organic and inorganic process, to change raw material to useful chemical materials or ready-use products. Recently, most of the chemical synthesis applies catalyst technology. Hence, catalyst can be concluded as a wide-range engineering field that produces not only catalyst products or technology but also chemical reaction and its derivatives that originated form catalyst technology.
Catalyst technology also developed to unharmed process in terms of environment pollution. Emission reduction by using catalyst could decrease the dangerous effect to human due to the production of toxic material from some of chemical process.
Basic Task and Function
Conduct the research in catalyst technology development; about catalyst material and its application in terms with chemical synthesis and environmental application by using catalysts.
Recent and on-progress Research
- Synthesis and test of catalyst activity Pt/Zeolit for selective reduction gas NOx
- Synthesis and test of catalyst activity ZrO2/Montmorillonite for bio-fuel upgrading of bio-mass
- Adsorbent development based on zeolit to reduce CO2 content
- Catalyst material development of fly ash catalyst for bio-ethanol reformation as a hydrogen supplier
- Clay’s enforcement as a catalyst of Selective Catalytic Reduction to reduce emission of NOx gas
- Synthesis and test of catalyst activity in bio-diesel generating
- Sythesis and test of catalyst activity to produce synthesis gas of bio-gas
Arif Hidayat, ST., MT. (081328518400)
ariffhid [at] gmail [dot] com